Goat Butter In Buttercream?

Baking By hbux Updated 5 Mar 2020 , 2:48pm by kakeladi

hbux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbux Posted 4 Mar 2020 , 11:57am
post #1 of 4

Recently I have been experimenting with cow-dairy alternatives for baking cookies/cakes/frostings. I made a batch of shortbread with goat butter this weekend that turned out pretty well/didn't taste like goat, but I was wondering if anyone has used goat butter in a buttercream? Either American or IMBC/SMBC. I know the melting point is lower with goat butter so not sure if it would hold up or if it would taste ok but I'm hoping better than shortening. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Mar 2020 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 4

How interesting! I have had goat milk —due to an allergy & had no idea there was butter Of course that means I have no experience with it but I would think it would work well w/o off taste Not sure about the consistency since you say it melts sooner For anyone with warm hands that could be a problem as it would melt when piping

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Mar 2020 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 4

I would suggest mixing up a tiny batch and trying it.  American buttercream is so simple, all you would have to do is put a tablespoon of butter into a rankin, stir until soft and smooth, then add in powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency.  For more authenticity, you could go ahead and add vanilla or another flavoring of your choice.  If you like it, just add it in with your big batch.  If you do not like it, not much lost.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Mar 2020 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 4

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%