Storing Decorated Fondant Cake For 4 Days?

Decorating By amandajones0476 Updated 22 Feb 2020 , 1:25pm by Laetia

amandajones0476 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandajones0476 Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 8

Hello. I  have a cake order for 2 tier fondant decorated cake coming up. I am going out of town, so will be completing the cake 4 days before pick up and my colleague will deliver the cake. I was considering freezing the cake, but there are a lot of complex fondant decorations, so it would be difficult to tightly wrap it in plastic for freezing. Do you think it would be okay refrigerated from Tuesday to Saturday?

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 8

In my opinion it would be ok however it will leave no time for customers to have leftovers   Could your associate put some of the more elaborate decorations on so it can be fzn?  

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 8

I have never frozen and thawed a cake decorated with a lot of elaborate fondant, but if your only concern is not being to tightly wrap it due to the decorations, I suggest putting it in the cake box and sealing all of the cracks and seams with packing tape.  I do freeze cakes like that all the time, for short periods (like up to a couple of weeks) and they work great.  In fact, I have two in the freezer already boxed right now.

kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 8

You can box cake as Sandra said then place it in a large plastic bag 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 8

...or wrap it in plastic wrap.

kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2020 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 8

bump

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 21 Feb 2020 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 8

I’ve made a fondant covered cake and not eaten for 4 days. Was perfectly fine. The fondant covering insulates your cake, so will be completely fresh. And fondant, well obviously will be hard. So can be peeled off when cake is consumed, or thrown out.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 22 Feb 2020 , 1:25pm
post #8 of 8

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%