Crispy Shell On ‘Mini Egg’ Help

Sugar Work By Stefmitchell Updated 24 Jun 2020 , 11:52pm by SandraSmiley

Stefmitchell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefmitchell Posted 16 Feb 2020 , 10:02am
post #1 of 6

I’m not sure I’ve posted in the right channel, first time user here.

I guess I’d call myself a novice baker. I have a dairy free son and make all of his Easter Eggs myself, cream eggs, reeses, marshmallow, etc.

I have a push up cake pop I want to make for Easter, previously I would have decorated these with mini eggs the kind with the coloured crispy shell.

I have spent the last day trying to think of how I could do this, but I just don’t know enough about decorating or sugar work to know what options are out there. I know they are made with some kind of gum, I was wondering  whether I could somehow make something like gum paste liquid and more dilute to form an extremely thin layer of it around the egg moulds before filling with chocolate, I just don’t know if gum paste can do this. I didn’t know if making my own and adding boiling water in the process would do this, or if I’m just making up an idea that would never be feasible, hence my posting here!

Obviously it needs to be completely dairy free, but we are not vegan, he just has an allergy so we can have products that derive from animals, excluding milk- this is any animal milk protein, not just cows so no whey, powders, or casein.

Any ideas would be super appreciated!

5 replies
louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Feb 2020 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 6

I have no idea what you can do with this .... just wanted to let you know that you will not be able to reply to any post for about 30 days so if you want to say anything just start a new post referring to this one or the one you are talking about Good luck finding a way to do such a great thing for your son !  

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Feb 2020 , 3:27am
post #4 of 6

bump

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 22 Feb 2020 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 6

Bump

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Jun 2020 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 6

I am thinking a very thin royal icing might work, since it drys with a hard crust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%