Fondant Help

Decorating By athenanathy Updated 29 Jan 2020 , 3:04pm by kakeladi

athenanathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
athenanathy Posted 29 Jan 2020 , 4:26am
post #1 of 2

Hello all,

I am in need of about 300 fondants snowflakes. I dont really work with fondant. My cakes are all covered  in SMBC and i decorate with it as well. Ok so my fondant question is... can I make these little snowflakes ahead of time? How can i keep them fresh? Also, i plan on adding a whole bunch of these small details straight into the frosting in my cake but I want to keep the cake refrigirated. Will the fondant have any problems as the cake comes to room temperature?

Any information is greatly appreciated. 

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jan 2020 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 2

Fondant is not difficult to use   It’s much like pie or cookie doughs   Hopefully you have a cutter for that many:)   You can make them at any time keeping them in an airtight container   If stacking several layers put wax  paper or parchment between    They can be frozen that way    As for frig’ing cake w/fondant details no problem  just know that it will sweat when removed so don’t touch it until it dries   Since it is white there will be no color running problem  nor w/the snowflakes melting   Sounds like an interesting creation— especially since I am basking in 60 degree temps   I think winter is over for this part of the country:)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%