Bulk Flour

Business By VeganVita Updated 21 Jan 2020 , 6:59pm by kakeladi

VeganVita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeganVita Posted 21 Jan 2020 , 2:38am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! 
I am looking into purchasing larger bags of flour now that I've finally moved into a place where I can have storage.  I've been using the 5lb wegmans flour because it works really great with my recipes and is even cheaper than the big box stores, but I'm nervous about ordering a new brand of flour in a 50 lb bag and not knowing if it's going to suit my recipes the way the Wegman's brand has.  

Anyone have any preference on bulk flour??? I really like King Arthur Flour, but I'm trying to keep my costs low and they are on the more expensive side.  I see Restaurantstore.com has bulk 50 lb bags for 10-11 $ but I don't know if the quality is any good. 

Looking for suggestions! Thanks! 

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Jan 2020 , 3:23am
post #2 of 3

I've never purchased flour in bulk, but I've used a lot of different brands; King Arthur, White Lily, Martha White, Gold Medal, Pillsbury, and I have noticed no difference.  I mostly use King Arthur because they offer so many different kinds of flours and I bake a lot of bread.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jan 2020 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 3

Like Sandra I have used many brands and have never noticed a difference...…..but then I wasn't looking to the flour IF something did seem wrong :(    Are you sure the brand of flour is what might have caused any problem you had?   Try asking the people at the store who makes that flour.   When I had my shop I was told the 50# bags of cake mix I chose was from Pillsbury.  When I had a problem after consulting w/the company I found it was NOT the mix I was using but how I was putting it together.  Once I changed the order of how I mixed things it was fine.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%