Mistake: Made An Order And Forgot To Confirm

Business By OoSourKissezoO Updated 19 Jan 2020 , 2:06pm by kakeladi

OoSourKissezoO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OoSourKissezoO Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone, 

First post. This week I made a custom order for a repeat customer. 5 dozen cookies in a jungle theme. Today was the day she had requested back in December. I had given her a price and I know it was mistake for not confirming. So today is the pickup day 1/18/20 and when I messaged asking when she'd be picking them up realized I never confirmed and now she's not responding. Now I don't know what to do with $160 in cookies. I let her know it was my mistake for not confirming and I feel like a dummy for not doing so, but still writing it in my book. Do I discount them and try and resell them? If so, how much is a reasonable discount..

Thanks so much!

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 4

How about sealing them very well and freezing them?

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 4

Well /OoSourKissezoO 

We’ve all made mistakes!!!! I agree with SandraSmiley, wrap your cookies well and freeze. Decorated cookies freeze very well. I froze royal icing flooded Valentine’s cookies for 2 months. When thawed, tasted just like I just made them. 

As far as selling your cookies, you could always try selling on your website/fb page. And I wouldn’t drop the price. Now I don’t know where your located, and of course that always impacts the prices charged. But  I gotta say, your price is pretty cheap. I wouldn’t do a royal icing decorated cookie for under $3.00-3.50 per. And even more $$ per if there is substantial details. I know how time consuming and labour intensive decorating cookies are. So for 5 doz @ $3.00 per cookie would be $180, and @ $3.50/$210.00. But I live in relatively big city. I live in a modest area, but there are many high end neighbourhoods near me. So that definitely affects the price that can be charged.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jan 2020 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 4

Good suggestion given:)   I see you are new here   As such you will not be able to reply to any post for about 30 days   If you want to say anything just start a new post referring to the one you are talking about 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%