soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 12 Jan 2020 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 19

How Do I Make This Logo??? Please Help Pros

18 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jan 2020 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 19

I take it you mean just the words "the fresh prince....."    I would print out a screen capture on paper in order to make a sugar sheet or colorflow or fzn b'cream transfer.   Or find the font or one close to it on-line then do the same.  Back the sugar sheet w/a very thin plaque of fondant.  I guess on 2nd thought color flow wouldn't work if you need to put it on the side of a round  cake :( 

soldiernurse Posted 12 Jan 2020 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 19

Ooh, that sounds complicated...I'm a hobby baker that is just getting back in the game..I thought I could print the logo and perhaps trace it but not sure how to do the background..thanks for your help Kakeladi.

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 12:09am
post #4 of 19

Not sure what your idea is   Print the whole logo?   On what?   Regular paper or sugar sheet?  If regular paper then what — trace it on what?   Explain more I’m just not getting your thoughts:)  

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 12:47am
post #5 of 19

A fzn b’cream transfer isn’t hard   Work on plastic wrap being sure it is flat/smooth   Start with the black printed words & outline then fill w/green & let set up/dry a bit then carefully  spread the pink over it all    Freeze    While that is frzing make the white plaque  — can be fondant or fzn    I’d just rub the edge w/a Q tip dipped in black  (or is that blue?)  after If it is fzn   Then just put the two together   — the words on top of the white    Making them on plastic makes it easy to remove them w/o braking   Slide it to the edge of the table  & peel  the plastic down — not real fast  — releasing the fzn transfer   Yes you do have to work / handle them quickly  but they are not real fragile when fzn long enough      

soldiernurse Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 1:32am
post #6 of 19

Thanks soo much! I  will give it a try..how much buttercream do you think I need for an 8 in round filled but not torted?

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 2:50am
post #7 of 19

One batch of this should do it:  2 cups EA butter & shortening; 2 generous pinches salt; 2 Tablespoons flavoring; 2 pounds sugar     Mix the butter & shortening together for 5 minuets; add 1/3 of the sugar & salt mixed together & beat another 5 minuets; add the flavoring & another 1/3  sugar mixing 5 minuets; add remaining sugar &  beat 5-10 minuets until it is perfectly smooth & very creamy    This is non-crusting   If you want crusting reduce the shortening  to 1 cup  OR EA s&b by 1/2 cup    There is NO liquid used   

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 2:55am
post #8 of 19

Probably make it crusting as that would be better for the fzn transfer     Also I’ve been thinking that after the piping of words—the 1st step & before adding the pink to fz it — Maybe just a 1/2 hr so when adding the pink you won’t smear the words 

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 2:59am
post #9 of 19

Being placed on a 8” cake the completed transfer will be just about 2&1/2”—3 “  not big at all   

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 4:29am
post #10 of 19

I would trace it off onto fondant and paint it, including the background.

soldiernurse Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 9:15am
post #11 of 19

What type of paint?

post #12 of 19

What type of paint?

post #13 of 19

What type of paint?

soldiernurse Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 9:21am
post #14 of 19

..how would I attach the bc trnsf to the side of fondant cake without it sliding down?

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 3:09pm
post #15 of 19

Melted chocolate   If you don’t have any then use a slightly thickened buttercream   Coat the entire Back of the fondant plaque    & hold for a bit 

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2020 , 3:12pm
post #16 of 19

The paint is a mix of food colors  thinned w/vodka  

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 14 Jan 2020 , 1:34am
post #17 of 19

two words - edible image. Go to store and have it printed out.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Jan 2020 , 2:11am
post #18 of 19

To make edible paint, mix petal dusts with vodka or cocoa butter.

kakeladi Posted 15 Jan 2020 , 4:11pm
post #19 of 19

Did you make it?  How?  Hope we helped w/our suggestions    Bumping up above all that horrible spam 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%