Vegan Sugarshack Buttercream?!

Baking By QueenMut Updated 30 Dec 2019 , 2:53pm by kakeladi

QueenMut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMut Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 4:10am
post #1 of 3

I made the sugarshack buttercream and it was soooooo smooth. However, it was much softer than I prefer and I had to omit the coffee mate because it isn’t vegan. Yes, I know it’s non-dairy but it clearly states on back “contains: a milk derivative”. Labeling nowadays is so tricky and confusing at times. Anyway, I’m vegan and everything I make is vegan so I was wondering if the coffee mate is a MUST HAVE in sugarshack recipe or can I omit? If it is must-have could I possibly sub with a vegan powdered creamer? Has anyone tried it without the coffee mate?

SN. This is my first post and I would like to thank you all for this amazing community you have created. I have literally been on here everyday for the past two months studying for hours upon hours. I have learned so much from you all as a home baker. I began making cakes because I have five children (including my husband) and finding custom vegan cakes was difficult. And buying them several times a year just wasn’t feasible. So, here I am! Ready to learn, share, and become a greater baker and cake decorator. 

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 4:30am
post #2 of 3

Welcome!  Sorry you found us so late:(   I’m sure with all your reading you have figured out that this wonderful site isn’t so wonderful anymore:(   I don’t have an answer to your ?s  As I haven’t used that recipe .... I have my own wonderful smooth recipe  ....  “2 of everything “  I don’t know  anything about vegan    

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 3

Bump 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%