Diabetic Cake And Frosting

Baking By 4trangel Updated 30 Dec 2019 , 3:42pm by theresaf

4trangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4trangel Posted 28 Dec 2019 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I’ve got a family member that was diagnosed as a diabetic. She’s wanting a white cake with cream cheese icing all sugar free. I’ve tried googling recipes but after reading some of the comments it warns of causing blood sugar to spike. I saw that Walmart carries a sugar free cake mix by pilsbury. They only have yellow and chocolate flavor. Also I saw that they have a sugar free icing. I thought I might could just add some cream cheese to the icing. So you think that would work? Has anyone tried that brand? Anyone have any recipes? 

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Dec 2019 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 6

I’ve seen others advised to use sugar free mixes rather than trying recipes but that’s all I know about it   My thought is adding cr ch to canned icing might make it soupy   It might be worth trying say a 1/4 cup icing mixed w/a couple spoons of cr ch & allow to sit a couple hrs to see what happens   If it doesn’t soften your good to go :)    There are times when we have to inform people that their request is just not possible —this might be one of them but offer some alternative like the yellow cake 

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 1:51am
post #3 of 6

Would the cream cheese flavoring work in  the canned icing?  I've never tried it myself.

kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 4:16am
post #4 of 6

Oh that’s a good idea.....&/ .or some white balsamic vinegar

kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 6

Bump 

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 6

Can you use the yellow cake mix and use only egg whites? Wouldn't that make it a white cake or am I missing something? You can also add imitation vanilla (since it's clear) to bump up your flavor.  FYI don't use vanilla bean paste because it has added sugar - recently learned that tidbit myself - no wonder it's yummy!

Theresa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%