Wasc Variations Coming Out Way Too Sweet!

Baking By The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Updated 8 Dec 2019 , 11:12am by The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox

The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Posted 7 Dec 2019 , 11:13am
post #1 of 6

I use the Google document all the time for inspiration for flavour ideas, but the last few have just come out SO sweet you couldn't taste any flavour if you tried! Does anyone know where i might be going wrong? I'm assuming they must be tried and tested so it must be me rather than the recipes! 

Also, while I'm here, anyone put basic cream cheese in a WASC instead of sour cream/butter milk?

Thanks my lovelies!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2019 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

Need to know the exact recipe you used as there are MANY corruptions of the *original* WASC cake I created :(   Place know I am not being sarcastic but cake is meant to be sweet—it is dessert:)   We each have different taste buds —what is spicy to you probably is beyond edible to me    I have never used cr ch nor buttermilk in place of sour cr but have used yogurt   My guess is that cr ch would make the cake a bit on the dry side as there is a big difference in the moisture content between them

The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Posted 7 Dec 2019 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much for this. I used a white cake, C flour C sugar, 3 eggs, 1/4C oil, C sour cream & a C amaretto (1tsp vanilla, 1tsp almond). They baked up lovely and are the usual WASC texture, but are just SO sweet you can't taste anything at all. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2019 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 6

My opinion is to ditch the oil and increase the flavoring to at least 1 Tablespoon.  Waite!!   Did you really mean to say a *cup* of amaretto??  If so can't imagine not being able to taste the flavor.   You also can reduce the sugar but just a bit.......maybe by 1/4 to 1/3  (use 3/4 to 2/3 cup instead of a full cup) 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Dec 2019 , 2:23am
post #5 of 6

I thought the same thing, a cup of Amaretto sounds like a lot.  I have not tried it, this is just my opinion.  Also, it is very sweet IAmaretto) and would surely add considerably to the sweetness of the recipe.

The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Posted 8 Dec 2019 , 11:12am
post #6 of 6

Yeah! That's what the recipe suggested on the Google Document. It's my own fault, I did think it would be awfully sweet but I didn't think to doctor the recipe to alow for that! Thanks for your help xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%