Started Baking And Interested In Learning More

Sugar Work By ldonofrio Updated 5 days ago by SandraSmiley

ldonofrio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ldonofrio Posted 1 Dec 2019 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 6

Hi

I just started baking and I am doing okay with it but I thought I might try my luck working with cookies or cakes for my kids school PTA meetings with fondant.

Any suggestions on any good books or where to start out at?

I lost my phone so its not so easy to look things up immediately on your phone

Thanks 

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Dec 2019 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 6

Hello  Lauren   This site has so very much information to help you.........however it is no longer managed so it gets a ton of spam & junk    I suggest you try reading as much as you can on here & find any books you can at your local library   Wilton is the company that put out books especially aimed at the homemaker just starting out   If you can find any they can be helpful but will be older   Wilton also offers beginners lessons at Michael’s & JoAnns  stores — a good way to learn the basics to see if it is something you really want to do   As for reading on here don’t click on any thread that has 0 replies !!   That brings up another thing   There is a built-in thing on here that as a new poster you will NOT be able to reply to ANY  post for about 30 days or so   If you want to comment on any post just start a new post referring to this one or which one you’re referring to in the subject line There are a few well knowledgeable people still active here that will help you as much as possible:)   

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 6 days ago
post #3 of 6

Youtube is also a great place to go for help.  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 days ago
post #4 of 6

Yes it would  be once the very basics are learned   I couldn’t figure out anything from books until I took a couple of lessons   Everyone is/ learns differently ;)  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 days ago
post #5 of 6

there is a free part and also a more detailed membership you can buy — this is a tremendous resource— Sarah Phillips is the real deal —

https://www.craftybaking.com/register

also check out the joy of baking — tons of videos all in one place —

best to you

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 days ago
post #6 of 6

The Wilton website has tons of free tutorials on basics and some more advanced techniques, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%