Ombré Cupcakes - Icing Colour

Decorating By EBakes_Syd Updated 25 Nov 2019 , 5:11pm by -K8memphis

EBakes_Syd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EBakes_Syd Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 9:19am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I need help replicating these colours. Is it best to create the darker colour first then add icing to it to lighten it each shade? It’s also for cupcakes so I was planning to ice the first colour, add more icing into it to lighten and then continue on for the remaining shades. Is this the best way to do it?

Also having trouble working out a colour mix to match. I’m thinking pink, red and brown? Any advice is greatly appreciated.Ombré Cupcakes - Icing Colour

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 5

Personally, I would do it the other way around, start with the lightest color and add more color for each darker color....don't have a particular reason why.  This does appear to be pink with a little bit of brown.  The darkest shade almost appears to have a touch of blue???

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 5

I also would do as Sandra said.   It looks to me to be shades of mauve - especially the 2nd from left......the 2ns darkest one.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 5

I would start with the darkest colour just so you know you’ve got the correct shade. Then add your uncoloured buttercream in to lighten it. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 5

hey — looks like last call — the lights are flickering here —

let’s meet up on  “keep calm and cake on” on fb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%