Pricing For Dessert Sold To A Buffet

Business By VAMOSBakery Updated 22 Nov 2019 , 3:10pm by SandraSmiley

VAMOSBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VAMOSBakery Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 5

My dads friend owns a buffet, and would like for me to supply pies, cutout cookies with royal icing emoji faces, a full tray of cornbread, brownies, and mini cupcakes. I am having a hard time pricing out the dessert to sell to him. I am not sure how many covers he will have (thanksgiving), but I know I cannot charge him by the slice.

HELP!!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have any sence of how much it will cost per item...ie: each cupcake; pan of brownies; dozen of cookies?   Base you priceing on total cost per batch of each item.   A tray of brownies costs you say $4.37 -  how many pieces did you get from that tray - 15? 20? then charge say 35-40 cents each - something like that :)   Pies - I'd charge a flat rate for each pie - not by the slice as you don't know how many they will cut it into.  Yes, it's going to take you some work to figure out each cost & pricing but make sure you get paid for you work - not just the ingredients!

kakeladi Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 5

Oh BTW:  I see you are new on this board.  There is a wait for new people to be able to reply/comment to ANY post including your post so if you want to 'talk' to us about any replies you get here just start a new post including in the subjuct line a mention of the post you are answering..........Is that clear as mud??   Example:  Subject a reply here by starting a new post saying in the subject line "Pricing for desserts part two" or similar.  This delay in your replying should end in about 30 days. 

kakeladi Posted 19 Nov 2019 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 5

bump

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 5

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%