Prepping A Cake

Decorating By Moralna1963 Updated 25 Nov 2019 , 5:18pm by -K8memphis

Moralna1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moralna1963 Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone.  It has been a while since I have been on Cake Central:). I was reaching out for a little guidance.  I am creating a Winter Wonderland theme Sweet 16 cake for my goddaughter.  She is having a big party the Saturday after Thanksgiving..... yes, the Saturday after Thanksgiving!  On top of working on her cake, I am also expecting family for the holidays and will be baking for that as well.  I have been working the last few weeks on so many ahead-of-time aspects of the cake, including baking and freezing the cake tiers, making the icing and freezing, etc. and so far, so good.  In order to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family and still not go crazy on Friday putting the cake together, I was wondering — would it be okay for me to fill and ice the cakes on Wednesday, put them in cake boxes, wrap the cake boxes in plastic (just as an added protection measure) so that all I have to do on Friday is cover them in fondant, stack and decorate and get them ready to take to the reception hall on Saturday?  Please note that one of the tiers’ filling will be a marshmallow cream (chocolate cake) and the other tier will have a vanilla mousse filling (funfetti cake).   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 4

Can the fillings stand up to fzing?  Not sure what recipes you plan to use - though I have not made any I don't think mousse will.  If they do I say go for it!   Take time to test the mousse?  Make some up for the family's use in the next day or so & fz over night to see how it holds up?  Same about the marshmallow - I would think that is freezeable but not sure.   Good luck :)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 4

bump

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 4

hey — looks like last call — the lights are flickering here —

let’s meet up on  “keep calm and cake on” on fb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%