Need Inspiration For Christmas Wish List

Lounge By Laetia Updated 28 Nov 2019 , 2:56am by SandraSmiley

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 15 Nov 2019 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 15

Hello, 

I'm starting to plan my xmas wish list and I need your help! Any "must have" or favorites accessories you want to suggest? Budget is not high. Less than 50$. I was thinking about new cutters or mold maybe... feel free to create me some needs!

Thank

Julie

14 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 15

I’ve been out of the loop so long I should be asking this myself:)   Just giving your post a bump up for others to see it

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 15

what she said ^^^ exactly, lynne

while I am clueless I would still say check out evil cake genius’ website — she looks pretty cutting edge/up to date  to me 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 15

These are just items with which I cannot live without:  A bench scraper, it is so handy, not just for smoothing frosting on a cake, but scooping up chopped nuts, veggies, whatever, and handling yeast doughs; an instant read thermometer, which is more than $50, for there are very good kitchen thermometers for much less; a kitchen scale, not only assures measurements are accurate but saves on dish washing as everything can be measured right into the mixing bowl.

SandraSmiley Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 1:06am
post #5 of 15

Laetia Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 4:55am
post #7 of 15

Thanks ladies! 

Evil cake genius is always a great source of inspiration and those sweet stamps you've linked, k8, are pretty cool! I already own a bench scraper and could not live without it either, sandra! I also have the kitchen scale, but I have yo admit that I rarely use it. I've learn to cook and bake with mesuring cup and my old habits are tough to get rid of... 

SandraSmiley Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 15

Those were just the first things that came to mind that I could not live without, Laetia.  Start using that scale, if for no other reason, lots less dishes to wash.  I am 71 and I've only had my scale for a few months, so if I can change, so can you, lol!

It depends upon what kind of decorating you lean toward.  I love to make flowers, but have found that I rarely use cutters.  Veiners, on the other hand, are indispensable.  I am also addicted to petal and luster dusts!

Laetia Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 15

Thanks Sandra for your input! Sorry for my belated answer, I was out of the country and mostly out of internet for the last week. I ended up asking for a set of veiner. I realy think it would be a great addition to my decorating tools! I love making flowers, it is kinda therapeutic to me. And I totaly know what you mean about being addicted to petal and luster dust, I have to plead gulty to that too!

-K8memphis Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 15

consider wearing a mask when you use your dusts and any airbrushing too — rainbow snot is not our friend :)

I mean except for unicorns 

SandraSmiley Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 3:09am
post #11 of 15

Haha!  I made an arrangement of Calla Lilies for my bestie, whom I visited last Sunday.  The next day when I blew my nose, I had red snot....gross!Need Inspiration For Christmas Wish List

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 4:47am
post #12 of 15

I remember yrs ago hearing about someone who HAD all white furniture/decor who unknowingly set up the airbrush working area near an All house heater vent & ended up with all pink & red decor !  

SandraSmiley Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 7:31pm
post #13 of 15

Oh, how awful!  Can you imagine the poor homeowner?!

Laetia Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 15

This colorful nose blowing was well worth it, those flowers are amazing Sandra!

SandraSmiley Posted 28 Nov 2019 , 2:56am
post #15 of 15

Thank you, Laetia!  Linda loved them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%