Mud Cake Query Please Help

Baking By MaryTee Updated 14 Nov 2019 , 8:43pm by SandraSmiley

MaryTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryTee Posted 13 Nov 2019 , 5:32am
post #1 of 3

Hi guys, I apparently can't reply to any posts at the moment because I am a new member, so I am reposting my query here, in hopes that I get more replies - and soon - my child's birthday party is this week.

Just an addition to my original post the recipe of my cake does include butter and eggs.

Oh and if I need to reply to you I will have to start a new conversation to be able to post something!!  So here goes, see below...thanks again.

Just wanted to ask how many days in advance can I make a mud cake?
I am doing a marble mud cake and finishing it off with ganache only (i.e. no fondant or extra icing).
Can I make it a few days in advance and leave it in an airtight container, then ganache it the day before? or do I need to store it in the fridge?
Any other tips I need to know? Yes butter and eggs are included in recipe.
Thanking you in advance!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2019 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 3

I wish I could help you but I don’t know anything about mud cakes   Just bumping this up so maybe whoever does know will see it 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Nov 2019 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 3

It would be fine to do it a couple of days in advance, but I would suggest going ahead and  applying the ganache, if you have time.  It will help seal in the freshness.  If longer than a couple of days, I would wrap well in a couple of thicknesses of plastic wrap and freeze.  It can be frozen before you add the ganache or after.  It will freeze and thaw nicely either way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%