Royal Icing For Keepsake Ornaments?

Baking By kyat Updated 11 Nov 2019 , 7:46pm by kakeladi

kyat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyat Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 1:33am
post #1 of 6

I was planning on doing some salt dough cookies for ornaments this year, but i was unclear if using royal icing will last for a long time? Has any one had experiences with this?

I think one of my options is to seal them with an acrylic spray but I'm not sure if that will eat at the icing, and alternatively I don't love the finishes of sprays, i want them to look like cookies!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 2:48am
post #2 of 6

I have made salt dough ornaments for yrs   I have never sealed them   I still have some from about 5 -10 yrs ago   Which recipe do you use?   

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 3:05am
post #3 of 6

I would not use royal on them — it’s not long lasting like that —

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 3:06am
post #4 of 6

also kyat —

there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with your time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread if you need/want to —

best to you

blush

kakeladi Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 3:44am
post #5 of 6

Trying to upload pictures  try # 2:   Hope they aren’t as big as they appear here Royal Icing For Keepsake Ornaments?Royal Icing For Keepsake Ornaments?

kakeladi Posted 11 Nov 2019 , 7:46pm
post #6 of 6

Bump 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%