Cake Pricing

Business By Kalpana1987 Updated 9 Nov 2019 , 12:33am by -K8memphis

Kalpana1987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kalpana1987 Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 1:13am
post #1 of 4

How much would you charge for a cake like this?eggless chocolate cake weight around 5 lbs.all handmade toppers.and do you think this is neat enough for me to start doing it as a business?Cake Pricing

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 2:50am
post #2 of 4

I see your work as well done—not totally perfect but then not many of us are every time   Price wise it’s hard to say as there are sooo many factors that must be considered   I suggest not less than $4-5 per serving   Others might say less but than add on something like $25 per animal    

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 3:48am
post #3 of 4

I think you cake look good and your models are adorable.  As to pricing, there are a million factors to consider, not the least of which is your location.  I don't know the size of this cake, but if it was 8" and  5", I would charge at least $150.00.  Personally, unless you really, REALLY have a passion for baking and decorating cakes, it is a very hard way to make a living.  Be sure you want to go there.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

if you are in it to make money — you need to not only be good and your work is lovely — you need to be fast and you need to gain a mind for business — like sandra said it’s not at all an efficient way to make money — this industry is broken — too many decorators with bad pricing and when one closes two more open — no es bueno —

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%