Lemon Poopy Seed Layer Cake, Help! Search Is Broken!

Baking By MissAlmond90 Updated 8 Nov 2019 , 12:40am by kakeladi

MissAlmond90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissAlmond90 Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 3:30am
post #1 of 8

CC used to be my go to for all my cake needs! It's sad to see it falling apart. I still have hope that some locals will see my plea for cake help!

I am wanting to make a lemon poppy seed cake but nearly every recipe I see needs dry poppy seeds, and I can only find the canned SOLO paste. I am wondering if anyone has successfully used the SOLO paste in a layer cake. And if so what ratio would I substitute. Even better just a lovely recipe for such a cake.

Thank you in advance! 

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 8

Sorry no one seems to know   I would be the type to go for it but have not tried it—have never seen that stuff —not the opened can

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 8

Like kakeladi (we are both in the US), I've never heard of SOLO paste.  I've only purchased dried poppy seeds, which are readily available in the spice section of any market. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 8

I see no reason why you could not add it to any recipe and just keep adding it until the batter contains as many seeds as you like.

kakeladi Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 8

Oh I’ve seen it in stores  just have never used it   “Paste” is what throws me   How thick is it, whatis it mixed with etc?   If it’s just ground/mashed  seeds then there is no problem   Is it jelly like? That’s what I have no idea about 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 8

ohhh it’s delicious — poppy seed is my all time favorite danish — all the bakeries used to do poppy seed danish 

I don’t remember ever making a cake with it — it’s a pastry filling but i’m sure it would probably work — i’d just maybe add it to some of the sugar needed in the recipe so it breaks up nicely —

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 8

if I needed plain poppy seeds i’d look in the spice aisle — no worries yeah here they are:

https://grocery.walmart.com/ip/item/724481763?selected=true

kakeladi Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 12:40am
post #8 of 8

MissAlmond90 We'd love to hear from you.  Start a new post referring to this one.....we understand the problems of not being able to answer a post so just start a new one.   Did you use it?  How'd it work for you? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%