What Happened To This Website??

Baking By Desi1957 Updated 8 Nov 2019 , 2:05am by kcp2264

Desi1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Desi1957 Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 9

I cannot find ANY photos in the Gallery.  When I search under Recipes for Fillings, Frostings, etc., I get the same spice or pumpkin-related recipes that do not include any filling or frosting recipes. Unless I’m doing something wrong, this website is almost useless.  It used to be great - my first go-to resource.  What’s going on?

8 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 9

More than likely there is no one actually managing the site thus when issues arise (like the gallery disappearing or all the spam that has been showing up) there is no one that can correct or fix the problems.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 9

As K8 said it appears the owners of the site have abandoned it :(   There are a few of us old timers trying to keep it going but I guess it is a loosing battle   Such a crying shame    

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 9

just for the record — I never said the owners abandoned the site — i think if it was truly abandoned we would not have any free space to quip at all — I did say it reminds me of the only stephen king movie I saw...part of — where stuff permanently disappears like sections of the ground etc —

my hope however is that someone has been busy re-building it blush

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 9

So sorry K8  I did 'put words in your mouth" :(  It so appears that the site owners have abandoned it.  There has been no word from them, no 'cleanup', no help of any kind for many months now.    And they do not respond to any type of contact - e-mails, phone calls etc :( 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 9

yes I completely understand but remember when the spam would run and run for pages and pages and pages and more 30, 50 or more — I guess someone’s stopping it — I sure don’t know 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 12:40am
post #7 of 9

kcp2264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcp2264 Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 2:05am
post #8 of 9

I stopped really utilizing this site when my password would no longer work, forgotten password link no longer worked and just a great deal of difficulty in general. :(

kcp2264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcp2264 Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 2:05am
post #9 of 9

I stopped really utilizing this site when my password would no longer work, forgotten password link no longer worked and just a great deal of difficulty in general. :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%