Transporting Cupcakes

Business By WeezyS Updated 6 Nov 2019 , 12:44am by SandraSmiley

WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 1:46am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone ever used non-skid shelf liner in a box to transport cupcakes?  I have to transport 3 dozen cupcakes and do not have a cupcake box.  I read that the shelf liner works good.  I just thought I'd get an opinion from someone who has tried this. Or does anyone have another easy suggestion?

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 2:37am
post #2 of 8

I might put the shelf liner under the box so the box doesn’t slide in the car and nothing wrong with putting it in the box but it won’t stop them from tipping over and rolling around — they need to be snug in the box —

how many cupcake pans do you have? you can prevent tipping/rolling of however many will fit in there — surely you can find some kind of plastic containers to hold the rest snugly or a cake pan — if it’s not snug, you need to add some crumpled foil or paper to secure them —

cupcakes aren’t really easy — they are picky and tedious but so tasty blush

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 3:47am
post #3 of 8

I did once — used shelf liner in the box & under it   Don’t remember how many cupcakes but it was a 1/2 sheet box

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 4:23am
post #4 of 8

This is what I do...Use your muffin pan, place a sheet of foil over the back side & press down over each "cup". You can use your hand , a glass or I usually use another muffin pan. Take foil  off the pan, flip it over & you have  nice little cups for your cc's to set in. Place this in your box. 

-K8memphis Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 8

brilliant, betty!

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks K8memphis I had to make 200 one time. I had to find a way to deliver them without the cc's sliding around. A  9x13 will hold 1 doz and the 11x15 box  2 doz. when you use the foil tray. The foil takes up a little room but at least they don't slide around. :)

-K8memphis Posted 5 Nov 2019 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 8

you so smart!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 12:44am
post #8 of 8

Ditto what -K8memphis said, BRILLIANT!  There is such a wealth of knowledge by the members on this site!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%