Ahhh Yes! It's That Time Again :)

Baking By kakeladi Updated 6 Nov 2019 , 1:10am by SandraSmiley

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Oct 2019 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 7

To talk about ALL things pumpkin.  Let's hear what strange things you are finding that are pumpkin.    I'll start it with this:  https://www.bhg.com/thanksgiving/recipes/pumpkin-recipes/?did=449621-20191028&cmp=bhgweeklyrecipe_102819&utm_campaign=bhg-weekly-recipe_newsletter&utm_source=bhg.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=102819&cid=449621&mid=25909330571              

I have to make a small cake today or tomorrow and I'm thinking pumpkin but I'd like something a bit different.  What is THE BEST recipe you have that is somewhat pumpkin ??  Help me out here folks, please :)

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Oct 2019 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 7

No one around today??    No one have a really special pumpkin cake recipe? 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Oct 2019 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 7

ok so I started brainstorming here blush and y’know how sometimes people make crustless cheesecakes to use as a filling between cake layers — well how about layering a crustless pumpkin cheesecake between spice cake layers! omg — i’m not even a big pumpkin person and this is really appealing to me — so that’s my contribution to your request  yellow_heart

but I don’t have a specific recipe but they are out there of course

kakeladi Posted 30 Oct 2019 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 7

Hey that sounds good.   I found one on line that's a swirled choco/pumpkin baked in a loaf that I might do in a small sheet pan.   There are 3 (out of 6) of us  in the group who have b'days this month so I thought I'd make us a cake.  Problem is most of them are either 'giving up' sugar or diabetic :(   I'm not into  using Splenda or such as my daughter is highly allergic to ALL non sugar sweeteners :(  Ohhh,  now what do I do?? :)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 30 Oct 2019 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 7

This is a pumpkin cake that I've made a couple of times and it is very good.  I baked it in a two part pumpkin pan, but the recipe says a sheet pan.  It could be baked in round pounds and stacked, as well.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19079/pumpkin-cake-iii/

Changes I made were:  The recipe calls for 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil, I substituted had applesauce; the recipe calls for 2 cups of canned pumpkin, one can does not make 2 cups, so I added enough applesauce to complete 2 cups; added 1 extra teaspoon cinnamon; used pecans instead of walnuts; added 1 teaspoon Ginger, 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon cloves.

Tell your friends to chill out and eat a piece of cake.  It is your birthdays!  Happy birthday, by the way!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2019 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 7

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 1:10am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%