Any Use For Over-Toasted (Burnt) Almonds?

Baking By RecoilRob Updated 23 Oct 2019 , 10:28pm by ypierce82

RecoilRob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RecoilRob Posted 22 Oct 2019 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

I over toasted some almonds I was going to use for snacking. The meat is almost the same brown as the skin.

I tried looking up recipes for  "burnt almond" but invariably they start with fresh and cook them in sugar.

Any use for my over toasted almonds or just toss them?

thanks,

Rob    

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2019 , 12:40am
post #2 of 5

Have you tasted them?  Do they taste burnt?   I would just use them as is if they don't taste burned especially if they are just for snacking...….not in a recipe for a client.   Or melt some sugar to mix them into.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Oct 2019 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 5

you can grind them up — if they don’t taste icky like kakeladi said — and toss some  in cookies or graham cracker or pie crusts you might be making for the holidays —

little known fact — one of my earlier titles in the baking world — was that I was “the-queen-of -everything -she toasts -she -burns” wore my soot covered crown courageously —

then one day I learned you can toast in a skillet — dry or with butter mmm — took off my crown - never looked back — plus the turning of the product in the pan makes for a more even browning — but it’s the ultimate in control  — best to you 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Oct 2019 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 5

toast in a skillet on a burner — not in the oven sight unseen

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 23 Oct 2019 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/therelativelyshittycook.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/how-to-make-burnt-almond-butter/amp/

I Googled burnt almonds and a bunch of recipes popped up, namely alcohol, but still lmao

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%