How To Create This Look?

Decorating By sweetdreamzz Updated 5 days ago by sweetdreamzz

sweetdreamzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreamzz Posted 1 week ago
post #1 of 23

How To Create This Look?How would you go about creating the flowers on the bottom layer of the cake? Do you think its fondant or buttercream?

22 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 days ago
post #2 of 23

my best guess is both — the flowers look like a mold due to the depth — perhaps they were cut out of a larger mold like a border bold or something because some of the smaller shapes look interesting — flowers probably scrolls for sure but maybe is part of a larger piece — the dots look piped —

but the same look could be done by hand too 

Fabricake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fabricake Posted 6 days ago
post #3 of 23

They are made by using the Wilton, Baroque designs silicone icing mould set.

sweetdreamzz Posted 6 days ago
post #4 of 23

Yes i was just looking at molds . And  would you happen to know what type of  flowers those are that go through and around the side of the cake? Orchid mybe?

post #5 of 23

Thank-you both!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 days ago
post #6 of 23

Those are roses

post #7 of 23

The fake flowers are roses?

post #8 of 23

Wilton discontinued making that mold. What do you guys think about this one?How To Create This Look?

post #9 of 23

Sorry I misunderstood your ?   No not those   I can’t get a good look at them on my phone:(   

post #10 of 23

My guess is that mold  is probably as close as you can get 

post #11 of 23

Thank-you thats what i was thinking I'm just going to order that one ! Here is the picture blown up for you if it helps.How To Create This Look?

post #12 of 23

rose of sharon-ish hibiscus-y idk i’m not good at naming them but I can duplicate —

Fabricake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fabricake Posted 6 days ago
post #13 of 23

To me the flower look like fabric silk flowers

I found a version of the Wilton mould (sorry for the British spelling!) on Amazon for $6.99 plus $0.23 shipping 

listed under-Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold Baroque Rose Flower Cake Decorating Embossing Mould

post #14 of 23

Yes Thank you.  I found those too but i need them before the date they are  available for delivery

post #15 of 23

well yeah I agree they are silk I just don’t know the name of that flower

post #16 of 23

What Kate said   Don’t know when you need them but I can go to Michael’s to see if I can find out what they are called later today 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 days ago
post #18 of 23

If this mold has been discontinued, it has been only recently.  Our Michaels always carries it and it was available the last time I was there.  

I cannot tell what the flowers are supposed to be, but agree they are silk.  If they were made in gum paste, they would be called fantasy flowers.  Yes, they would be pretty in wafer paper.

post #19 of 23

Thank you I need them for the first so if you do find out id love to know . Ill also check! Thankyou

Quote by @kakeladi on 2 hours ago

What Kate said   Don’t know when you need them but I can go to Michael’s to see if I can find out what they are called later today 

post #20 of 23

Thank you I need them for the first so if you do find out id love to know . Ill also check! Thankyou

post #21 of 23

post #22 of 23

O.k.......I went to Michael's and there is nothing like those in the store.  I also went (against my serious vow to never darkent their door again) to JoAnn;s - nothing like those there either.  

Please don't take this wrong......I do NOT mean to be rude or sarcastic .......but.......why do you feel you need to duplicate those flowers or any flowers/design exactly?   After studying the picture and what was in the stores those look more to me to be a very cheap $ store type spray of fabric (I won't even call them silk) flowers.   Make a nice waferpaper hybiscus type as K8 mentions and be done w/ith.   

sweetdreamzz Posted 5 days ago
post #23 of 23

It doesn't have to be exactly i was just curious as to what kind of flower that was so I can try to recreate the look.  Then you had mentioned they may be at Michaels so thought it wouldn't hurt to look thought about using something edible to recreate look like suggested .i just like to get different opinions sometimes because it often helps spark ideas and i sometimes even learn something new from you all

Quote by @kakeladi on 15 hours ago

O.k.......I went to Michael's and there is nothing like those in the store.  I also went (against my serious vow to never darkent their door again) to JoAnn;s - nothing like those there either.  

Please don't take this wrong......I do NOT mean to be rude or sarcastic .......but.......why do you feel you need to duplicate those flowers or any flowers/design exactly?   After studying the picture and what was in the stores those look more to me to be a very cheap $ store type spray of fabric (I won't even call them silk) flowers.   Make a nice waferpaper hybiscus type as K8 mentions and be done w/ith.    It

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%