Keeping It Fresh

Baking By shermeka008 Updated 3 Oct 2019 , 2:59am by kakeladi

shermeka008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shermeka008 Posted 2 Oct 2019 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone, I have a little dilemma. I have to make 1 2 tier cake and 1 3 tier cake for an event. I want to make these cakes well ahead of time. How do I store them and keep them fresh past 3 days? These cakes will be covered in fondant. They are going to be regular cakes without filling.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2019 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 5

Freeze them   Put them in a cake box wrapped in plastic wrap or a plastic bag   If you can’t find boxes big enough then freeze it for an hour or two then wrap in several layers of plastic before returning to the fzr  

shermeka008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shermeka008 Posted 2 Oct 2019 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 5

Do I freeze it with the fondant on? I don't have any boxes that are big enough. So don't wrap it just freeze it for an hour or 2 then wrap it and re-freeze? When should I take it out to thaw?

kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2019 , 2:52am
post #4 of 5

It’s fzn unwrapped to set the icing so it doesn’t get messed up   Do you have room in the fzr to complete each  stacked etc?  Or are you going to fz each tier separately then finish the day before or day of?    take them out the night before ; leave wrapped several hours til they come to room temp   If there is any sweating DO NOT touch it will  evaporate in time then proceed if you are going to work on them  

kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2019 , 2:59am
post #5 of 5

Of forgot — yes they can be fzn  w/fondant  already on them   Reach tier can be as completed as possible  ready to be put together and decorating finished   I suggest finishing up the day before event just in case there’s any problems 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%