Can You Share Your Cake Prices

Baking By jollybuns Updated 21 Sep 2019 , 2:16am by SandraSmiley

jollybuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jollybuns Posted 19 Sep 2019 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 5

I am fairly new to this and a few requests came in requesting cakes from me and i have no idea what is a good price point. can you share how much you charge for your cakes?

How much would you charge for the following: 

smash cake- 3 layers,6 inches? butter cream? fondant?

4 layers, 8 inch cake? butter cream? fondant?

two tiers- 3 layers, 8 inches and top tier of 2 layers 6 inches? butter cream? fondant?

10 inch cake? 

12 cupcakes? 

thank you so much! 

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2019 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 5

Priciing is very hard to pin down.  So very much goes into considering what to charge.  Many, if not most, of us charge the the slice/serving.  You need to sit down and figure out how much you pay for each ingredient in each item you make, every paper towel, cake board, egg, sugar, Crisco, et, etc goes into that creation then add in the cost of soap, water, sponge, towel, gas, electric and on and on to come up with some idea of what to charge.  Also included is where you live - way out in the sticks, a small town, city, BIG city figures into it.  What is the average others in your area are charging? 

You ask about a 10" cake - isthat 2", 3" , 4" or more tall?  Is there filling?  If so what was used, b'cream, jam, home made custard?  How is it decorated?  Is it iced with b'cream, fondant or ??  How is it decorated?  Are there special flowers, toys, or other decorations?  What flavor is the cake?  Just 'regular, plain or a special one'?     Basically the same ?s abou the cupcakes.  

Take the time to read the many, many other posts on this board about pricing  -- you are going to have to do your homework -- we really can't just tell you especially w/o more information.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 19 Sep 2019 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 5

There is nothing that we can tell you about our pricing that is going to help you because our prices vary based on many different factors. If I can get 100 for x, someone else can get less, someone else can get more. I would definitely take the time as kakeladi suggested and read the older threads. There is a wealth of knowledge there.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 19 Sep 2019 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 5

The smash cake, when I do them, are 4 inches, simply decorated and free with the purchase of the birthday cake.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 2:16am
post #5 of 5

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%