Multi-Themed 90Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By baluba Updated 21 Sep 2019 , 2:29am by SandraSmiley

baluba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baluba Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 6

I'm going to make a cake for my mother's 90th birthday.  I wish to incorporate a souvenir moment from all of her 6 children.  Or course all these souvenirs have nothing in common ie shopping with mom, mom in a long lounge chair in the lake, trips with mom, mom brushing hair and mom dancing in a flair skirt in the kitchen...As you can see, no thread other than the mother!

I've though of silhouetting all souvenirs or writing them on the cake or creating 6 small cakes with combination of silhouettes and toppers. 

Does anyone have any ideas how to create such a cake?  I  would be grateful for any ideas you might have.

Thanks 

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 6

Is it  possible to get pictures of each memory?   I have a pic of what I called a “This is your life “ cake   Wrapped each in plastic wrap with a toothpick on the back & lined them up across a long loaf cake   The idea might spark how you could use the idea 

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 6

How about little framed scenes around the outside of the cake. Like a little gallery of mementos/memories. The frames would match and make a coherent cake. 

baluba Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks!

baluba Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 6

Great idea, that's what I'll go for!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 2:29am
post #6 of 6

My thought was the same, use pictures.