Shiny Spider Eyes

Decorating By Loriann351 Updated 21 Sep 2019 , 2:31am by SandraSmiley

Loriann351 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loriann351 Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 6

I am making several spiders for a Halloween cake and would like just the eyes to be shiny. The spiders are relatively small - 1" to 11/2" long with very small eyes. I want to whole spider to be edible. I searched for 'shiny eyes' in the forum but all the responses are several years old. I want the rest of the spider to be matte so cannot use a spray or steam to make the eyes shiny. Any ideas/new products available? I would like the shiny to last at least 4-5 days.

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Sep 2019 , 2:17am
post #2 of 6

Piping gel?  Just pull a toothpick thru & Touch the spot where you want it shiny  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Sep 2019 , 2:18am
post #3 of 6

Piping gel?  Just pull a toothpick thru & Touch the spot where you want it shiny  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Sep 2019 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 6

brush on a solution of gum arabic and a little water — there’s a lot of different kinds of glitter now but there is a type of glitter flakes that is made out of gum arabic — so you can either buy some gum arabic powder, it’s a few bucks or you can buy that flake glitter — just read the label to ensure it is made from ga and make it that way with the water— easy peasy bright & shiny dries well —

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 12:05am
post #5 of 6

A few droops of corn syrup + a few drops of alcohol, craft brush gently, let dry

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

What about using silver or gold dragees?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%