Fondant Cake Troubleshoot

Sugar Work By Tinekabuller Updated 10 Sep 2019 , 5:13pm by kakeladi

Tinekabuller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinekabuller Posted 9 Sep 2019 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 4

Help please! I’m new to decorating and I covered a buttercream cake and found it yesterday. I left it out at room temperature and now the size of the cake are starting to develop what look like rolls not sure why this is happening . can someone please advise?

3 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 9 Sep 2019 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 4

What kind of filling did you use?  What was the consistency of your buttercream?  Did you allow your filled and iced cake to settle a bit before adding the fondant?  Did you give the top of your cake, after you filled it, a nice press down?  If you used a different filling besides the buttercream, did you use a damn of stiff icing between the layers?

I find that bulging occurs because your cake has settled and your filling/buttercream is to thin causing things to start squishing/bulging.

Also, there is a new member delay (I think it is like 30 days or something) where you can't respond to any posts, even your own.  So just make a new post to respond.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Sep 2019 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 4

As K8 mentioned there is more information needed to help you     How much buttercream did you apply before adding the fondant?   What do you mean by covered in buttercream & found it?  Are you saying that you covered it w/fondant after it sat overnight?  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Sep 2019 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 4

there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond by starting a new thread, referring to this one if you need/want to —

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%