How Would You Describe The Pattern On The Lower Tier Of This Cake?

Decorating By mslilafowler Updated 6 Sep 2019 , 1:01pm by kakeladi

mslilafowler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mslilafowler Posted 5 Sep 2019 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 7

I'm in love with this cake design, but struggling to find an impression mat or stencil that looks like the bottom tier. I wonder if anyone will be able to help me figure it out. I tried looking under Fish Scale and Honeycomb impression mats but none of them look like this. Would appreciate any help, thank you in advance!

How Would You Describe The Pattern On The Lower Tier Of This Cake?

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2019 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 7

I think it is 100s of tiny ovals of fondant hand placed on rather than a stencile.  Good luck finding something close.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2019 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 7

kinda looks like almonds

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2019 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 7

also:

there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond by starting a new thread if you need/want to —

best to you

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 2:33am
post #5 of 7

Just yesterday, I saw a cake with a couple of borders made like this. I guess it could be a mold, but I agree that it appears to be handmade from a million ovals.

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 7

I agree that it looks like individual ovals.  Seems like they tried to mimic the larger top border but in a smaller proportion.  But the ovals look like they have a slight texture so you could use an impression mat over a large piece of fondant first to get that texture and then cut out the ovals.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 1:01pm
post #7 of 7

Yes freckles I noticed the texturing also but failed to mention it 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%