Smooth Sides With A Borderless Cake And The Profroster

Decorating By Lucy2019 Updated 2 Sep 2019 , 3:57pm by SandraSmiley

Lucy2019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucy2019 Posted 1 Sep 2019 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 4

I am using the Profroster and using the cake board as my guide like the instructions say, but I am wondering how to get the waves out that the board is creating and how to disguise the board. Do I need to take the cake off the cake board and transfer it to it's fancy board after it is frosted? If so, do I do this right away? Is the side frosting not smooth because the buttercream is not the right consistency? I used American buttercream and I am thinking of trying Swiss. Thank you for your help!

Smooth Sides With A Borderless Cake And The Profroster

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Sep 2019 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 4

It does look like the icing is a bit on the dry side   Try adding a bit more fat be it butter or shortening   Have you tried using a different recipe?  Find the “2 of everything “ buttercream recipe on this site in the recipe section   Even with the bumps on the board there should not be those waves 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Sep 2019 , 1:41am
post #3 of 4

I just leave the frosting thick enough to hide the cake board.  I would not try to remove it because it would probably mess up the frosting.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Sep 2019 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 4

Are your cake boards round?  I appears that the vertical lines could be caused from irregularities in the cake board or from pressing too hard into the cardboard in places.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%