Silicone Molds!!!

Decorating By Shea167 Updated 28 Aug 2019 , 3:09am by kakeladi

Shea167 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shea167 Posted 27 Aug 2019 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone,

I have been seeing a lot of amazing molds to decorate cakes and so forth, but have never used one before. Would love to start using them, any tips as to the best way to use them, fillings, etc...grimacing

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2019 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 7

You just work the fondant smooth & push it into the mold  making sure it is filled solid then scrape off any excess  Pop out your beautiful creation usually by pushing up from the bottom while gently pulling it out    Some  items need a lot of care when removing so they are not  miss shapened     Just a little practice & you will find them easy to use  

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 27 Aug 2019 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 7

Silicone molds can also be used for cookie dough.  I dip a ball of dough into granulated sugar to keep it from sticking in the mold.  Then turn the mold over, lay flat on the counter, & lift up the edges to pop out the dough.

Silicone Molds!!!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 27 Aug 2019 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 7

Silicone Molds!!!  As @kakeladi says, level off the back so you don't have a hump on the back of the  item.  You can use your fingers to do this.  I like the little plastic gumpaste knife as it's handy & it doesn't cut the old. 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 28 Aug 2019 , 2:35am
post #5 of 7

Holy crud, MBalaska...those cookies are so awesome!!! I wanna do that!!!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Aug 2019 , 2:41am
post #6 of 7

Yes, MBalaska, the cookie idea is brilliant!  They are beautiful!

Shea, I have found that it helps to put the mold in the freezer for a few minutes to help the fondant firm up.  It makes it easier to remove cleanly.  Most people dust their molds with corn starch, but I prefer to use a tiny bit of Crisco to grease them.  Wipe off any excess.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Aug 2019 , 3:09am
post #7 of 7

Oh the things we forget to mention   Yes Sandra you are right  at least in my book :)   Reminds us Again what works for one might not work for all 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%