Best Place To Buy Isomalt?

Decorating By Macherie22 Updated 29 Aug 2019 , 3:59am by SandraSmiley

Macherie22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Macherie22 Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 6

Hello!

I'm a little new to using isomalt..is there an ideal place you would recommend to purchase it? (crystals)

I have a winter themed baby shower cake to make for October so I'm shopping around.

thanks!

5 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 27 Aug 2019 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 6

I can't really say the best place to get it, but I would look into getting the precooked isomalt tiles or sticks. It's easier to use, especially if you haven't worked with it much. I know Global Sugar Art has it. Maybe Sugar Delites, Evil Cake Genius. 

All you do is melt it in the microwave, add your color and pour. I would recommend getting a flexible silicone cup to melt it in. Once it hardens, you can just crack it out of the cup and have much less waste. 

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 27 Aug 2019 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 6

Sweet City USA has both crystals and nibs. I usually just use sugar, so I've never bought isomalt from them, but every other product I've bought there has been great.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Aug 2019 , 2:38am
post #4 of 6

angesradieux, are you in or near Nashville?  Sweet City USA is my supply house, I live in Ashland City.

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 28 Aug 2019 , 3:22am
post #5 of 6

Not anymore. I was in Nashville for two years but moved back up north to NJ this summer. Sweet City was one of the things I was a little sad to leave.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Aug 2019 , 3:59am
post #6 of 6

Oh shoot!  I thought I had finally found a local cake friend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%