Rice Paper Photos

Baking By Zikes Updated 25 Aug 2019 , 3:12pm by SandraSmiley

Zikes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zikes Posted 25 Aug 2019 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone. So in a few weeks time I need to make a cake for someone who needs it at a certain time and I only come out of school an hour before they're coming to fetch it. It is an icing cake with rice paper photos. Could I ice it the night before and stick the photos on just before they collect the cake? Would that work. 

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Aug 2019 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 3

The type of icing used will determine how to apply the pictures   Are you using American, Italian,Swiss, or ermine buttercream or fondant?  Yes you can ice it the day before   Are you using anything that needs to be refrigerated — like  whipped cream or fresh fruit?  If not it can be left on the counter until pickup    I see you are a new member to this site   As such you will not be able to reply to any post for a certain amount of time—about 30 days or so   So if you wish to reply/comment just make a new post referring to this one 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Aug 2019 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 3

If your cake is not being covered in fondant, you can roll out thin fondant plaques and apply the photos to the plaque, to keep the rice paper separate from the moisture in the buttercream.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%