Buttercream Turned Blotchy And Yellow??

Decorating By CakeRoxy19 Updated 24 Aug 2019 , 1:40pm by kakeladi

CakeRoxy19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRoxy19 Posted 24 Aug 2019 , 7:10am
post #1 of 3

Buttercream Turned Blotchy And Yellow??Buttercream Turned Blotchy And Yellow??I am new to cake decorating and recently did this unicorn cake but I had a problem with my Wilton buttercream icing turning off white / yellow AFTER it was on the cake ?? Has anyone had this problem? Why does this happen?!? I am so proud of my cake all to have to frosting turn colors. Very upsetting!! 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Aug 2019 , 11:54am
post #2 of 3

did you use butter/margarine and/or use real vanilla? and how long did you mix/beat it for? 

the longer you beat your icing the whiter it will get — also please start a whole new thread to respond because:

there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread —

best to you

blush

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2019 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 3

Welcome to our forum!   Sooo sorry your wonderful creation turned yellowish    I know how it feels to have something like that happen:(   You mention its Wilton icing but did you make the recipe or is it Wilton’s readymade/canned?   Unless things have changed Wilton recipe tells you to mix ingredients very slightly-just until mixed but as K8 said the longer & slower it is mixed the better especially if using part butter   Also the weather effects our work— was it hot & humid?  Was the cake in direct sun?   Along with not being mixed enough that could also do this 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%