Cookie And Supply Store

Business By Homebaker85 Updated 22 Aug 2019 , 6:52pm by SandraSmiley

Homebaker85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homebaker85 Posted 20 Aug 2019 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 6

I've been decorating cakes for about 5 years now, and I'm feeling as though I need more, so I decided I'm going to open up a supply store for cake and cookies and sell already decorated cookies from there as well. Anyone have any suggestions and/or advise on where I should begin.

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2019 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 6

are there any supply stores in your area 

-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2019 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 6

your fist step would be to have a market study done to see how viable the idea is -- if you have a hobby lobby or michael's or even a wal mart you will not be able to compete with their prices --

a gift shop makes more sense -- so peeps can purchase gifts to go with the birthday can anniversary cakes/cookies

-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2019 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 6

if you did do the cookie and supply store you would need to do lessons and ship too to make it work -- best to you

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Aug 2019 , 12:47am
post #5 of 6

The way I see it it takes TONS of $$$ to stock a cake supply shop.   Cake boards, boxes in all sizes;  Tiered plates, pillars;  molds, cookie cutters (there are millions of them); all need to be stocked in the 100s or more.    I mean the list goes on and on.   Do you really have the time and $$s to get this even started??   Then (or maybe even 1st) find a shop (rent!); insurance; shelves etc to stock things on; if you are going to bake there then you need to find out what the health dept (or which ever dept in your area) requires:  3 bay stainless steel sink; hand washing sink; refrigerator; grease trap; cleaning supplies; SS table(s).  That's just some of the things I had to deal with when I opened a bakery - no supplies. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Aug 2019 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%