How Much To Charge?

Business By Mamaferg Updated 15 Aug 2019 , 8:55am by -K8memphis

Mamaferg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamaferg Posted 14 Aug 2019 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hello! So I’m curious what other bakers would charge for something like this? It was carved out of an 11x15 sheet cake and is roughly 4.5 inches tall. It’s not quite a sheet cake because I did carve it and it required quite a bit more work than a regular sheet cake would. How Much To Charge?

3 replies
cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 14 Aug 2019 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 4

Approximately how many servings is it? What do you charge for a regular sheet cake? How much more time did you spend on it than you do on a regular sheet cake? What I would charge in the West Texas Oilfield isn't necessarily near what anyone else would. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Aug 2019 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 4

Yes as K8 said there is much to consider when trying to price things   Mostly for something carved you charge for the size of the cake you start with then add on for the time spent working   But 1st one needs to set a starting point by including many factors— cost of everything used like ingredients boards insurance gas/electric to bake soap to clean up with and sooooo much more 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 8:55am
post #4 of 4

i’m gonna guess there’s probably 45 to 50 servings there if you left it as big as possible and to allow for there being some odd shaped servings due to the carving — then about maybe $5 to $6 a serving — it’s seriously adorable —

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%