Chef Alan Cake Mix

Baking By ihavasweet2th Updated 6 Aug 2019 , 1:55am by ihavasweet2th

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 9

Wondering if anyone has used  Global Sugar Art Chef Alan Select Ultra-Moist Wedding White cake mix?   What are your thoughts on it can you bake it ahead?  If I bake it ahead, do I  need to freeze it if I am not going to decorate for a couple of days? Any input would be much appreciated! 

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 9

I have not even heard that he is putting out a mix....... but in general.......any cake needs to/should be frozen if not being used/worked on for a couple of days just to be sure it remains fresh for the customer to have a couple of days for leftovers.   Again, as a general rule cake will remain 'fresh' for 3 days at room temp; maybe a couple more days if kept refrig'd but fzn it will keep up to 6 (+) months.

ihavasweet2th Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 9

I just ordered them a couple of days ago and got them today! They had good reviews on the global sugar art site! So thought I would give them a try!  I generally freeze mine, but they talked about how moist they were so I wasn't sure! Thanks for your response!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Aug 2019 , 2:31am
post #4 of 9

I've always wanted to try his mixes, but shipping to Alaska was outrageously expensive.  Maybe I'll try it here in Florida being closer for shipping costs.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Aug 2019 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 9

Bump 

ihavasweet2th Posted 2 Aug 2019 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 9

I baked some this morning!!!  They are FaBuLoUs!!!  Very moist, excellent texture, and delicious!  May be my new "recipe".   You just add water and oil or butter.  I recommend them!  Yes, shipping is crazy!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Aug 2019 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you for the feedback.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Aug 2019 , 7:16pm
post #8 of 9

I've heard great things, too, and the wedding cake seems to be the favorite.  Unless it was a fruit cake, I freeze all of my cakes until time to decorate.  Habit.

ihavasweet2th Posted 6 Aug 2019 , 1:55am
post #9 of 9

UPDATE... baked a sheet cake for 50th birthday and another cake for a bridal shower using these mixes and I received RAVE reviews!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%