How To Do This Double Scoop?

Decorating By Minileo Updated 2 Aug 2019 , 2:13pm by cakefan92

Minileo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minileo Posted 31 Jul 2019 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 8

Hello my fellow bakers,

I am asked to make this gender reveal cake and I wanted to know how would you make this scoop (double) with an upside down ice cream cone. I was thinking of attaching huge cake pops to the cone and cover it in fondant and stretch it a little on the edges to get that rim part around the scoop. Or RKT as an another option. Any suggestion regarding this is most welcome. Thanks in advance.

How To Do This Double Scoop?

Mini.

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Jul 2019 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 8

Either idea would work - also could make cupcakes - probably minis....OooHhhh just thought maybe use those EXTRA large marshmellows! covered in fondant rolled thin :)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 3:08am
post #3 of 8

I agree that either cake pop mixture or RKT's would work perfectly.  I would prefer the cake pops because they are so yummy!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 3:55am
post #4 of 8

That’s interesting that you think cake pops are yummy   I must have made mine wrong as they were on the slimey side — didn’t like the texture at all 

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 7:06am
post #5 of 8

The ones in the picture are RKT covered in fondant (found it on the bakery's Instagram). I'd probably do cake pops.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 8

kakeladi, because I always keep my cakes in the refrigerator, including cake pops, they stayed nice and firm, but I do know what you mean.  The frosting mixed in does make for a far different texture than cake.

Really and truly, I also love Rice Krispy Treats covered in fondant or modeling chocolate, too.

Minileo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minileo Posted 1 Aug 2019 , 11:22pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you so much everyone for your input. I would try to make with cake pops 1st. Thanks again :)

@Kakeladi  May I thank you in public this time and not in PM? All my customers they just love the taste my cakes (Of course your WASC recipe) One even said "They never thought a good looking cake can taste this good". All thanks to you and your prompt replies :)

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 2 Aug 2019 , 2:13pm
post #8 of 8

Try making your cake pops with little/no frosting mixed in. I've used everything from coffee to pudding and as little as I can get away with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%