Timings

Decorating By louglou Updated 28 Jul 2019 , 3:09pm by kakeladi

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 28 Jul 2019 , 10:24am
post #1 of 4

I’m usually confident about timings but can’t decide the best way for this cake. 

Its already covered in buttercream and frozen. Needs to be covered in fondant, royal icing drip added and decorations added. To be delivered Thursday but not eaten till Saturday! I’m at work during the day so only have time to work in the evening  

Option 1 - defrost and cover in fondant today and freeze. Move to fridge on Wednesday morning. Add drip and decoration on Wednesday night. 

Option 2 - move to fridge on Tuesday morning. Cover in fondant on Tuesday night and place back in fridge. Add drip and decoration on Wednesday night. 

I guess both options have the same amount of time in the freezer and fridge so maybe it doesn’t make any difference. 

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jul 2019 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 4

I’d use option 1   Gives the customer a bit more wiggle room   BTW  it’s suggested one use melted chocolate rather than royal icing for the drip   Sandra & K8 both have said it is easier to use   Personaly I have only used melted buttercream for the 1or2 I have made  

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 28 Jul 2019 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks kakeladi. Did you mean to use white candy melts instead of white chocolate in ganache? Or just melted candy melts on their own?

White candy melts are really expensive in the UK so that’s why I thought royal icing would be better. Do you not think it will work? 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jul 2019 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 4

Didn’t remember you were in the UK   Yes royal will work   I’m told it’s a bit harder to get it to run just right or then it runs too much   Have you dripped before?  Maybe practice will make perfect:) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%