How Much Should I Charge?

Business By Ally87 Updated 26 Jul 2019 , 1:51pm by -K8memphis

Ally87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ally87 Posted 26 Jul 2019 , 3:13am
post #1 of 3

I was asked if I could make a 100 cupcake cake, however I've never done one before and there for have no idea what or how I should  charge for it. All of my cakes are vegan so the ingredients are always vegan and organic which right there is a cost in of itself. Then Of course factoring in time, travel distance, packaging and so on. How do I go about this? Should I be charging PER cupcake? 

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jul 2019 , 5:03am
post #2 of 3

Charge what you would for a cake w/the same # of servings— if you charge $3.75 per serving then this item would be $375.00   I cannot envision one design using 100 cupcakes   It’s going to be a on a huge board  be sure you have the means to transport & check ALL doors needed  to get through!   

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Jul 2019 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 3

is there a design involved besides each of the 100 cupcakes — yes as you devise your price charge per cupcake including paper towels, soap, hot water, utilities, etc — multiply by 100 then add on some for the design and packaging — present that as one complete price then add on for delivery however much you want per mile both ways —

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%