I Have No Idea What This Is

Baking By soldiernurse Updated 18 Jul 2019 , 12:50am by kakeladi

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 2:42am
post #1 of 12

but I need to make a 2 tier..what colors is it? It's for a Pioneer Woman bday cake. Bluish green???I Have No Idea What This Is

11 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 3:12am
post #2 of 12

dark teal?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 3:18am
post #3 of 12

In the store I see her colors as a teal similar to Tiffany blue/green   In your posted pic it does look dark blue/green 

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 3:58am
post #4 of 12

Looks like the first time I tried to make black  buttercream. Was not true black, came out blackish-blueish-greenish.

soldiernurse Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 9:25am
post #5 of 12

So, what multiple colors would you suggest trying? I'm bad at the color wheel thing. Black and blue? I don't know the formula...like violet makes white whiter, etc.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 12

Quote by @soldiernurse on 2 hours ago

So, what multiple colors would you suggest trying? I'm bad at the color wheel thing. Black and blue? I don't know the formula...like violet makes white whiter, etc.

I would try a test of a small amount and try the blue-black.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 12:55pm
post #7 of 12

If you need a teal color, you need to mix blue and green with a hint of black.  I would go for a lighter, brighter color than the one pictured.

kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 5:11pm
post #8 of 12

Ha, Ha gscout I know what you mean about trying to make black - especially b'cream.   I learned a trick many yrs ago about making black - sooo simple :)

I agree w/Sandra - go a bit lighter and more on the green side than blue.

soldiernurse Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 10:13pm
post #9 of 12

Why go lighter? Is it because it will darken?

soldiernurse Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 10:13pm
post #10 of 12

Why go lighter? Is it because it will darken?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 11:13pm
post #11 of 12

I think the darker color is sort of dead looking and would prefer a brighter hue.

kakeladi, my first food colors were Wilton gel.  It didn't take me long to discover that the black make a nasty green color.  I love all of the other Wilton colors, but I bought a big bottle of Americolor Black, which works well.

kakeladi Posted 18 Jul 2019 , 12:50am
post #12 of 12

For someone like me who worked almost totally in b’cream just save all those  small amounts of icing — like teaspoons, Tablespoons - when finished with a project—collecting in a Jar kept in the fzr   Any & ALL colors   When blk is needed stir well —yes it will be a nasty color but all that’s needed now is a bit of blk color but will take soooo much less than starting from white!  So it won’t taste bad Maybe Americolor is Good wasn’t available back in the ‘80-90s when I did my decorating:)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%