How To Decorate Cakes

Decorating By QuincyTsitsi Updated 17 Jul 2019 , 9:20pm by -K8memphis

QuincyTsitsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuincyTsitsi Posted 16 Jul 2019 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 10

Can you help me with how I can decorate such a cake especially those creases on top. How best can I do it?How To Decorate Cakes

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jul 2019 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 10

My guess is the cake is iced w/white buttercream, covered in cornelli lace then a band of dark fondant is wrapped around the lower part and then a band of tulle (netting) is placed around that held in place with a royal icing daisy/flower, 

kakeladi Posted 16 Jul 2019 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 10

Looks like real flowers laid on top.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 2:38am
post #4 of 10

I agree with kakeladi, except I can't see the tulle wrapped around the fondant and the flower could be a fondant cut out.

kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 3:42am
post #5 of 10

Took another look at it very enlarged and think rather than fondant band/tulle it is a ribbon   Look closely at the right side of that tier right  in the middle /bottom  

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 10

To me it seems that the entire cake is covered in white fondant.  Then the "ribbon" is pleated fondant wrapped around the cake with a flower cut out at the center.  Then the lace detail is piped as well as small dots are piped around where the fondant "ribbon" meets the cake and also around the base as a border.

The flowers on top look to me to be fake with curled ribbon incorporated as well.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 10

yes I think fondant covered too, piped white textured lace, pleated purple fondant — paper flowers

kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 10

Yes, it could be entirely iced w/fondant rather than b'cream- but since I'm a b'cream gal that's what I think of `st :)    It has a very tight cornelli lace - probably used tip 0, posibably a 1.  Still not totally convienced the dark lower part is fondant& not a ribbon :)  Don't understand that slightly lighter part seen on the right side on top of the darker part - how/where is it added as it doesn't show on the left side.

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 5:10pm
post #9 of 10

I think it is just the lighting/sun.  It looks like the fondant is not flat against the cake but seems to pucker a bit when it was brought around to the front.  So the light part is where the sun is hitting the puckered part of the fondant and the lower/darker part is just a shadow.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Jul 2019 , 9:20pm
post #10 of 10

I think there are nearly fifty million ways to do almost everything — we are all different — it stands to reason we would have varying answers — there’s no problem there —

“one baker’s never ever do is the next baker’s I swear by this”

blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%