Pricing For This Cake

Baking By JBCC Updated 12 Jul 2019 , 5:26pm by Freckles0829

JBCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JBCC Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 10:03am
post #1 of 6

I made this cake for a friends daughter, so i did not charge her a whole lot. however i wanted to know, for future orders, how much I should actually charge for this cake and similar cakes like this one. 

This cake was made from a 12 inch round (grass), a 10 inch round and a 10 inch half sphere (ladybug).  I had to carve the shape of the bug, and the face and dots are made from fondant.

Pricing For This Cake

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 6

Very nice:)   Pricing is *very* Regional    That neans what I could charge could be 2x as much as what you could   Exactly how much did ALL the ingredients cost?  Including the non-edibles like boards & box?  How long did it take you to make?  What are others in your area charging?   Where do you live—rural, small town,city, or major city?   All that & more needs to be taken into consideration   Be aware that many of these discussions on pricing end up in hot debates :(     And lastly if you are a new member of this site you will not be able to reply to any post so  to continue the discussion just make a new post with reference to this one 

JBCC Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 6

Quote by @kakeladi on 3 hours ago

Very nice:)   Pricing is *very* Regional    That neans what I could charge could be 2x as much as what you could   Exactly how much did ALL the ingredients cost?  Including the non-edibles like boards & box?  How long did it take you to make?  What are others in your area charging?   Where do you live—rural, small town,city, or major city?   All that & more needs to be taken into consideration   Be aware that many of these discussions on pricing end up in hot debates :(     And lastly if you are a new member of this site you will not be able to reply to any post so  to continue the discussion just make a new post with reference to this one 

Thank you? i understand all that, and i arrived at a price, but i want to see what others would price this for. So even in your area how much would you charge?

JBCC Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 6

Quote by @JBCC on 1 minute ago

Quote by @kakeladi on 3 hours ago

Thank you? i understand all that, and i arrived at a price, but i want to see what others would price this for. So even in your area how much would you charge?

*Thank you!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 6

I’ve been retired from selling for years so my price for that would be based on what others on this board have said — around $75-100 Maybe more 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 5:26pm
post #6 of 6

Since I am only a hobby baker I charge $4.50/serving regardless of the work involved.  So needless to say my pricing is probably low, especially for more involved cakes.

What price did you arrive at?  Are you concerned that your price is too high?  Too low?  Or are you just curious to see how pricing varies from person to person (place to place)?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%