Need Inspiration?

Baking By kakeladi Updated 11 Jul 2019 , 10:43pm by kakeladi

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Jul 2019 , 3:30am
post #1 of 7

Looking to stretch your techniques?   Want something different?  Check out a well stocked magazine area — like at Barns&Noble book store   Check our magazines on wood carving, glass patterns, one called “Ornament; art&craft of personal adornment” & even card making & quilting   Think “how can I make this design in fondant “ or can I pipe that look?                                     The other thing I do is scout the library—even the kids section — for all kinds of craft & art books   You never know what will jump out at you:)    The design on a balloon or greeting card can be turned into one of your best cake!  

6 replies
BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 10 Jul 2019 , 5:17am
post #2 of 7

Great ideas and kids coloring books too.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 10 Jul 2019 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 7

I love finding unique cards to turn in to cookies. Especially ones that really challenge me to do intricate piping techniques. During Christmas my husband gets mad because I buy cards just for that reason.....I send them the following year lol

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Jul 2019 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 7

I am blessed to live in a tiny, artist conclave and my neighbors make the most elaborate, gorgeous greeting cards that I've ever seen.  I take inspiration from their designs.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 Jul 2019 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 7

I can walk through the Home Depot or Lowes and see things  and think...……...

""" Oh wouldn't that look good on a cake."""""   hahahaha

kakeladi Posted 11 Jul 2019 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 7

Oh you're right.........there are sooooo many ways to get inspired these days.  And soooo many ways to make things - fondant, gp, piping and many others.  Good luck everyone.   Lets see somerthing new

kakeladi Posted 11 Jul 2019 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 7

Oh you're right.........there are sooooo many ways to get inspired these days.  And soooo many ways to make things - fondant, gp, piping and many others.  Good luck everyone.   Lets see somerthing new

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%