Diy Cake Mix? (2)

Baking By Fancyschmancy Updated 9 Jul 2019 , 12:44pm by -K8memphis

Fancyschmancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancyschmancy Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 1:49am
post #1 of 4

Thanks k8memphis! First of all, I kinda geeked out when I saw you post.  I've been a lurker in the forums for a while and you're one of the names I recognize immediately. 

But back to the question, I agree that there is nothing wrong with a mix.  I grew up on butter cakes from scratch and my husband prefers box.  I think they both have a place and it really just depends on what you are doing and what flavors you are going for. I like both. The box vs scratch debates are silly, and I have no interest in that nonsense.  BUT, I know my customers.  Just yesterday I was dropping off a birthday cake and one of the parents (not the client) asked if I used industrial oils in my cakes (I had used coconut oil, that was not the 1st time I'vebeen asked that question).  I have been asked if my flour is bleached, if the milk and butter were grass fed and if the eggs were organic cage free...  that's just the place I live.

There are plenty of people that don't care about that here (like myself, it's a bday cake, live a little) but my usual client does.  So, I was just hoping someone had a DIY cake mix recipe so I could convert some of these amazing WASC flavors/modifications I've been seeing on the forum.  

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 2:52am
post #2 of 4

See your other posts for my comments & links   Hope they help you out 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 4

omg — do you ever have the picky clients — however “industrial oils” reminds me of machinery oil rather than food oil — but boy keeping to olive and coconut oils in my diet make a huge difference in my health — sugar intake for me (as in the white powdery stuff) kills me way worse than weirdy oils — but i’m rambling —

omg geeky ‘bout moi? i’m flattered and aghast all at the same time — thank you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 4

so I what i was trying to say is yes they are picky but spot on — good for them and you — learn to produce items that are healthier —

best to you heart_eyes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%