Fondant/gumpaste Mold

Decorating By HigbeeK Updated 10 Jul 2019 , 2:55am by SandraSmiley

HigbeeK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HigbeeK Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 12:20am
post #1 of 10

Anyone know where I can find the mold/cutter for these flowers? 

Fondant/gumpaste Mold

9 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 4:54am
post #2 of 10

I'd be surprised if Global Sugar Art didn't have them or at least something very similar   :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 10

i would say that I could duplicate some if not all of those by piping — the big flat ones could be fondant then piped over — or it could be all piping where the initial large blossom on the bottom is just flattened with a towel then over piped — they are all different sizes too which lends itself more to piping — although it could be a lot of different molds/cutters too

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 10

well there's three of them -- three sizes that I can tell and they are just plain blossom cutters that look like they are overpiped w/buttercream probably maybe

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 10

and since you are a new member you are not able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue the discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you can "reply" but not for a while -- I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread if you want to

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 10

-K8memphis, OF COURSE you could duplicate them with piping, lol!  Now me, I am piping challenged, so I would have to look for the molds.  Actually, I've never seen these before, but I am confident Global Sugar Arts has something comparable.

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 10

cherry_blossom you so funny, sandra  -- but it's not a normal blossom either -- usually a fresh cut fondant blossom gets a ball tool in the gut and the petals get cupped up -- these look like uncupped blossoms then with 'something' on top of that :)

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 10

They almost look like embroidered flowers.  Kind of like a flower patch one would sew onto a pillow or something.  I bet if you went to a fabric/craft store you could find flower patches and make your own mold if you didn't feel like searching the web for one.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 7:02pm
post #9 of 10

I remember having some kind of mold yrs ago tht produced that larger flower but not the small ones.   Can't remember where from/how I got it

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Jul 2019 , 2:55am
post #10 of 10

I have a couple of molds that make that type flowers, but it is more than one.  I guess they could be cut apart.  I bought it from Sweetwise in Nashville, now Sweet City USA.  I believe it was CK brand.Fondant/gumpaste Mold

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%