Cakes Melting Inside

Decorating By CotyF Updated 9 Jul 2019 , 4:53pm by SandraSmiley

CotyF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CotyF Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 12:14am
post #1 of 4

Hi Bakers! I really hope someone can help with this... For the past few weeks my cakes (ANY CAKE, 1 tier, 2 tier, whatever) have been melting inside my house, to the point of collapsing! I am at a complete loss

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 2:41am
post #2 of 4

Could you explain a bit more?   Is the cake it’s self the problem or is the frosting going soft?   If the frosting what recipe are you using?  What temp do you keep the house at?  What area of the world do you live in?  What’s the weather like there?   Do you refrigerate the cakes?  Why not?   With answers to these we might be able to help 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 4

and since you are a new member you are not able to "reply" to texts so please start a new thread to continue the discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you can "rely" for not for a while -- I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread 

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 4

I've only ever had one cake to do that and it was at a 4th of July picnic, inside the house, but there was a lot of door opening, so them temp was probably too high inside and the humidity was awful, as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%