Heavy Cake Topper

Decorating By Faveniece Updated 4 Jul 2019 , 1:57pm by SandraSmiley

Faveniece Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faveniece Posted 30 Jun 2019 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hello, I just bought this topper for my aunt's birthday celebration. It is so heavy! My cousin is doing just a simple homemade cake and frosting. How can we support the weight of this and keep it from falling over? Thank you in advance!Heavy Cake Topper

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jun 2019 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 4

Get some thick plastic straws and fill them with icing then stick the topper stick into that.   You can get some from McDonalds when you buy a drink just take a couple extra.  Most likely you would only need one & cut it in 1/2 but have a couple incase the cake is extra tall.   Push a straw into the cake to see where to cut it off - right at the level of the cake before it is iced, then cut it, remove and cut another exactly that same length, fill w/icing and it should be strong enough to hold the topper. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Jun 2019 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 4

if you can cut off the things on the bottom -- you could stand it up on the cake board and lean it against the cake -- or you can insert it into the cake and prop it up in back with some popsicle sticks covered in icing -- pipe over them -- put them in at an angle to support it like a guy wire

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Jul 2019 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%