Just Starting Out Pricing

Business By Cedescakes Updated 27 Jun 2019 , 12:55pm by -K8memphis

Cedescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cedescakes Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 10

Apparently new members cant reply so I'm responding with the link to the original post.

This cake took me 20 hours combined. I have two kids so it's a lot of stop and go for me. I mainly do this as a hobby, but I've started getting people asking me for quotes and prices and intrest in my cakes. 

Original post:

https://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/851840/just-starting-out-11

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 10

duplicate post.

Cedescakes Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 10

I cant reply I was told to make a new thread

Cedescakes Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 10

Its just now letting me.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 10

Yah, understand about that but you are hitting the send button twice so we let people know it is a duplicate.

Cedescakes Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 10

This isnt a duplicate post, I only have one of these ones that I know of. The others are different. I apologize. 

Cedescakes Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 10

So I guess this is the only one itll let me reply to. 

I'm in no way trying to flex my baking skill. This is seriously the only cake that I have made for someone other than myself that's why I am asking for advice on pricing. I'm not really too concerned on the time it takes me, i dont expect to be super fast at it. I'm just starting out. I had never made any 3D toppers before. It's like typing. I dont expect anyone to know how to type super fast when they start. Like with all things I'll get faster the more experienced I am. I'm more so wondering what one would charge for a cake like this!

Cedescakes Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 8:08pm
post #8 of 10

So I guess this is the only one itll let me reply to. 

I'm in no way trying to flex my baking skill. This is seriously the only cake that I have made for someone other than myself that's why I am asking for advice on pricing. I'm not really too concerned on the time it takes me, i dont expect to be super fast at it. I'm just starting out. I had never made any 3D toppers before. It's like typing. I dont expect anyone to know how to type super fast when they start. Like with all things I'll get faster the more experienced I am. I'm more so wondering what one would charge for a cake like this!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Jun 2019 , 12:51pm
post #9 of 10

cedescakes, no worries — it’s especially difficult to communicate when you are new — as you can see this site has a never ending spam-a-wham problem — and maybe this no reply thing is some kind of buffer zone for the site — I don’t know for sure but it has to have some practical purpose although that doesn’t mean it’s not annoying for everyone — and the spam-a-wham can be much worse so...but please continue to persevere with me/us/cc — i Love to talk about cakes!

best to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Jun 2019 , 12:55pm
post #10 of 10

it’s not a perfect medium — and sometimes actually often a new thread will get published several times— so we try to go in and point everyone to the thread where we are posting rather than all the duplicates blush

suffice it to say we are actually a big mess but we live it here and like I said love to talk cake 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%